Most business owners know that Search Engine Optimization is a great marketing strategy. The main benefit is that it is much cheaper that many other advertising channels and you can get the correct message to the correct audience if done correctly.
Most companies are now planning their marketing strategy for 2015 (Where did 2014 go??). When considering various advertising/marketing channels, here are some significant statistics about SEO that you may not have known:
- Nearly 50% of companies that implement inbound marketing efforts (lead generation through SEO) see a 25 percent greater ROI than companies that do not.
- Leads generated through Search Engine Optimization close at a rate of nearly 15 times that of other advertising channels.
- Seventy-ninety percent of clicks on search engine results such as Google go to organic results with some companies reporting as high as 94 percent of clicks going to organic results as opposed to adwords getting a very small percentage of clicks.
- The #1 organic search engine position gets nearly twice as many clicks as the #2 position. (Chitka Insights – See graphic below)
5. U.S based inbound marketers that spend more than $10,000 per year on organic SEO save about 13 percent on the cost per lead with inbound marketing when compared to outbound.
6. Inbound marketing delivers about 54 percent more leads into the marketing funnel than traditional outbound marketing strategies.
7. In Nov. 2013, SEO accounted for almost 40 percent of website traffic vs. 23 percent of traffic coming from social media. – (See Shareholic infographic below)
The bottom line is that if your site isn’t getting any significant organic traffic, attempting SEO and getting penalized will not lessen that number. What do you have to lose? Call us today and see how we can change the way you market your business by using the search engines.